Saturday, February 26, 2011

Sailing the Whitsundays Part One: Welcome Aboard!

The Whitsundays are a collection of 74 islands off the eastern coast of Queensland. We had the option of either doing a two day sail or a one day. The group was split basically half and half between the two but I chose the two day sail and I am SO glad I did! I've never stayed a night on a boat so I wanted to see what it was like. We got onto the boat around late afternoon and it was so hot and sunny which was a welcome change from all the rain we've had on the trip. Our boat was called Condor and it was a retired racing sailboat. Our crew were named Dave, Dan and Brendan and they were all really funny and nice and around our ages. When we first got on we all opened a few beers and just relaxed as we sailed to our anchor point for the night. We all took it easy for the first night because we were doing a lot of sailing and snorkeling the next day.


The boys on the boat

Hanging out on the side of the boat

My closest friends on the trip: Kristin from New Jersey, Colton and Brett from Ladysmith, BC and Trevor from Regina SK

All the canucks on the boat

Sunset on the boat

No comments:

Post a Comment